This review will give you a brief understanding of the best grill for a small patio available in the market and its qualities. These grill models are the best option if you want a grill for your home or use it on a small patio. You can buy a small gas grill according to your needs.
Whether you have a small patio or a large one, there are several factors to consider before buying a grill to purchase the best grill for your patio. You should consider the size of your patio, the material it is made of, and whether you can move the grill into a garage or other storage space when you are not using it. You must also consider your budget and how often you will use the grill.
Are you in a hurry?
Let’s check out the 3 Best small grills for patio in our top list
What’s the easiest grill to use?
A Brief Statistics: Who uses a grill?
Grilling is popular in the United States. It’s one of America’s most commonly used cooking methods – over half of the homes have grills.
- The average barbecue grill was used four times more than 15 years ago in the United Kingdom.
- Do you know how many people own gas grills in the USA? It’s a staggering number — nearly 82 million people in total!
- Based on a survey conducted by the National Association of Home Builders in September 2017, grilling is the most popular summertime cooking activity. 71% of Americans said they grilled in the last year.
- More than 12 million Americans buy new grills every year. In addition, grilling equipment and accessories represent more than 40% of all retail sales in sporting goods stores and specialty shops.
George Foreman 15 Serving Indoor Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman 15 Serving Indoor Outdoor Electric Grill is the latest model in the best-selling grill series. It is smaller than some of its larger counterparts but doesn’t sacrifice much quality for its size. This grill is a fantastic choice for apartments, dormitories, a vacation home’s back deck, or a small patio.
- 15+ servings - it’s tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people
- Apartment-approved - your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do. The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Adjustable temperature control - perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- George tough nonstick coating - there’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Fat-removing Slope - it’s the sure sign of a George Foreman grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* from meats for lean, tasty meals
Main Features: George Foreman Grill Review
Tough Nonstick Coating
You can use a natural grilling surface cleaner that doesn’t hurt the nonstick coating. This practice will prevent scratching, making the nonstick coating ineffective. Also, don’t forget to use a plastic spatula instead of metal, which will last a long time. Cleaning nonstick surfaces is easy – just a little soap, water, and sponge scrubbing.
All you need to do is wipe it off, and your cooking surface is clean again. Clean-up is a breeze with this nonstick coating. Plus, the fully immersible grill plate can cook without oil or butter. Not only is it easy to clean, but the cooking quality has been outstanding with this nonstick coating!
Indoor and Outdoor Removable Stand
This small grill has a base and stands, so you can cook on it outside without worry. If you need to move it, it’s easy to remove, and best of all, you can hang it on the side of the grill with a unique hook! I’ve used it for two weeks and find it very reliable, even in strong winds. It’s mostly plastic but pretty stable and holds up well in most weather conditions.
Adjustable Temperature Control
The instructions for the grill are not very clear, but it only takes 5 minutes to heat up. The temperature controls are pretty great. And if the temperature goes too high, it automatically ignites.
- Changing the temperature is easy.
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- The cooking grill is truly nonstick
- It heats up quickly
- The perfect grill for a small patio and apartment
- This grill comes with zero instructions
- The cord needs to be longer
- Thin patties seem to get stuck in the grill channels.
Char-Griller Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
Char-Griller Patio Pro is one of the best charcoal grill brands. The model is an excellent grill for those that love to cook. It is portable and can be used on the beach or on a small patio. It comes with a thermometer and built-in side shelves for easy access.
- PREMIUM CHARCOAL GRILL - Barrel style Charcoal BBQ Grill & Smoker with heavy-duty steel construction and powder coating finish, perfect for high heat grilling and low and slow smoking
- XXL COOKING AREA - Massive 950 square inch total cooking area fits 38 burgers: 725 square inch primary cooking area with a 225 square inch warming rack
- BARBECUE GRILL FEATURES - Cast Iron Cooking Grates, Adjustable Fire Grate, Bottom Storage Shelf, Warming Rack, Stay Cool Wooden Handle, Wheels, and Front & Side Shelves with Barbecue Grill Tool Storage Hooks
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Control the heat levels with ease using the dual dampers and Thermometer, and quickly clean up using the Easy Dump Ash Pan
- DIMENSIONS - 29”L x 49”W x 50”H, 114 lbs (pairs with the Char-Griller 3737 Charcoal Grill Cover and Char-Griller E82424 Smoker Side Fire Box, both sold separately)
Compact for Small Cooking Space
The charcoal grills are the perfect grill for a small cooking space. It’s easy to move and has room for more than one steak, hot dog, or hamburger at a time. In addition, the Patio Pro weighs only 50 pounds with its small footprint of 31 x 21 inches of cooking space. Best of all, it’s only 44 inches tall, so it fits in small cooking spaces, too.
Easy to Clean
This 1515 Patio Pro grill is for those who don’t want to bother with cleaning out the grill. It has a handy ash drawer that slides out for easy ash disposal. And it’s small enough to clean, so no more greasy messes! Just take out the drawer and dispose of the ash as necessary. Remember to clean it after every use and repaint it as needed.
Durable Cast Iron Grates
This tabletop grill is made to last. The durable cast-iron grates will sear your food to perfection. This model is easy to assemble and adds greatly to any small patio. It includes heavy metal construction and durable powder coating for an even better life span. This patio grill is made of steel with a steel lid and cast iron grates that will give the best sear on your food. It’s easy to assemble and adds greatly to any cooking space.
- Reasonably easy to assemble by one person
- It burns for a long time
- The barrel is an excellent gauge of steel
- It’s easy to assemble
- Perfect size for 1/2 people
- Heavy cooking grate well for searing
- No built-in temperature gauge
- No grease hole or design accommodation for grease
- Not suitable for giant cookouts
Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
The Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch portable grill is a great mini weber grill for people looking for something compact and easy to use. It’s great for taking on a road trip or tailgate party. It’s also one of the best 14 square inches cooking grill options if you want something small enough to keep around your small patio as an extra grill option.
- Load up the car and hit the road with your Smokey Joe portable charcoal grill. Its durable, lightweight, compact design is perfect for grilling on the go - whether walking to the beach or taking a road trip. Make your holiday at the beach even more enjoyable with this Weber 14" Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill.
- Holds up to five burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
Main Features: Best Weber Grill for Small Patio
The cooking grate on this weber compact charcoal grill shines brilliantly, reflecting just how well-cared-for it is. The grate is heavy and sturdy, and the stainless steel is thick. It feels more substantial than the old grill, too. And it’s the perfect size for cooking on those old-school patio grills during the summer.
The small round Weber grills have many perfections—for example, the long-lasting polystyrene handle and the lack of handles for backing with moving. The only flaw is the upper rack, which has no handle to lift it in and out. This model is a minor design flaw, but a flaw. The new grill doesn’t have handles on the sides to help with movement. I don’t care for the plastic handle (rather than wood).
Easy to Use
The little Weber grill is a sturdy and economical charcoal grill that’s easy to use. The size is perfect, the cleaning was easy (aside from a wire brush to remove all the ashes thoroughly), and it’s just the right amount of economical. Another great trick I read about was cleaning the grate with aluminum foil.
- Best weber portable charcoal grill for camping
- Perfect smokey grill for hurricane season
- This model is super convenient
- Fast and easy to assemble
- Pretty easy to control the cooking temperature
- This grill fits every aspect
- No screw to attach the handle
- Packaging is not up to the mark
Char-Broil Patio Bistro Electric Grill
Char-Broil red electric grill is a solidly built and user-friendly grill with many attractive features. Its hinged cooking grate design is unique, and its toasty cast aluminum housing holds the heat well. In addition, this compact grill is easy to store, thanks to its removable legs.
- High-quality electric grilling for convenience without the hassle of gas or charcoal
- Tru-infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even heat and cooks juicier food
- Integrated control knob to adjust temperatures easily
- Durable porcelain-coated grate is rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Removable warming rack for indirect cooking or to keep food warm
The porcelain grate is a good-looking and functional option. It has an angled grate for char marks, a warming shelf, and a hinged lid. You will also be impressed by the simple-to-read temperature gauge. More importantly, the grill grates get plenty hot enough. The grate is also nice and compact. You will find it helpful to cover the grill grates with foil until you buy a proper grill scraper.
You will also love the graphite finish on this model and the sturdy handles. The cord is long and durable. The single infrared heating element technology stops flare-ups and cooks the food more evenly. These char broil electric grills are nice and heavy, too, so you don’t have to worry about it tipping over. 15-20 minutes of a warm-up are worth it, and they make sure it heats up evenly.
Easy to Clean
It’s a tremendous RED char broil electric grill! It takes less than 20 minutes to heat up and is easy to clean. I recommend spraying with Pam before and after cooking for easy cleanup. The design is simple, and it provides an excellent drip tray. It heats up quickly and lets you cook without setting up an outdoor grill in the middle of winter.
- It heats up within 10-20 mins
- The back of the grill heats faster.
- High-quality electric grilling
- The actual cooking surface stays very hot.
- It’s perfect for a small cooking space
- The grill grate is rust-resistant
- The lid doesn’t shut right.
- It is a bit difficult to put together
- The instruction manual is explained poorly
Cuisinart Portable Propane Gas Grill
The Cuisinart Grill model is the best small gas grill you can take with you on the go. It is very easy to use and versatile enough to cook all your favorite foods without causing any extra hassle. In addition, this grill is designed to be portable, so you can easily take it with you when you are hosting an outdoor party at a friend’s house.
- One 10,000 BTU Burner
- 176 Square Inch Cooking Surface
- Easy twist start ignition; Lid has built-in temperature gauge
- High-end stainless steel cooking grate
- Works with a 1 lb. propane canister (not included)
Desirable Features: Best Small Gas Grills
This cooking grate is spacious, so it can cook everything you want! Cleaning the grate is a little tricky because BBQ sauce gets stuck. But give it a good soak, and everything will be fine! You can grate potatoes on the great’s slats! It’s easy to take the grate to the sink to clean. The middle of the grate is solid, so you keep the thigh pieces there when you cook them because it does the best job of protecting them from the flames.
This compact gas grill is sleek and easy to use. It also stays lit and grills food without any frustration. The small gas grills are perfect for seafood, steak, burgers, or grill sticks. Plus, the design is sleek and lightweight! Replacing the regulator with a functional one may be difficult due to the design. Still, it’s not too big a problem. This grill is ideal for quick cooking on the go!
Easy to use
The Cuisinart CGG-608 is an easy-to-use grill that will fit on a patio or small yard. The cooking grate is dishwasher-safe and easy to clean, and the hood lifts so that you can see what’s happening at all times.
- A perfect portable grill
- The setup takes about 5-10 minutes
- Easy to clean
- It cooks remarkably well for its size
- Good value for the money
- This model is easy to store
- The compact grills are a little hard to clean
- Zero heat control over the flame intensity
- The cover has sharp edges
Master Cook 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill
With summer coming up, it’s time to start thinking about what kind of outdoor cooking equipment you will use. Picking the right grill is an important decision for many different reasons. First, you could use a standard, cheap charcoal grill that you need to empty constantly. But propane grills are a great option, as they are easier to use and maintain, and you don’t have to mess around with lighter fluid or buy charcoal.
If you are considering buying a gas grill, Master Cook grill’s master three burners should be on your list of possible choices. This model has some great features, and the price is right. It’s well-built and offers excellent value for the money.
- ❤ STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: This propane gas grill has 3 Stainless Steel burners, can put out 30,000 BTU-per-hour with integrated piezoelectric ignition system, quick start up with the push &turn of a control knob
- ❤ FEATURES: The whole Stainless steel control panel with chromium plating control knob makes this propane gas grill more study and delicate, a stainless steel handle and a built-in stainless steel thermometer on the cover lid, two foldable tables and two heavy duty wheel casters for storage and moving
- ❤ PORCELAIN-ENAMEL WIRE COOKING GRATES: The cooking area of our propane gas grill is 471.8 include 339 square inches for cooking and 132.8 square inches for warming
- ❤ ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS: 46.46 L x 20.87 W x 41.14 H inch, and 29.5 inch Length when folding both of the side table of the propane gas grill
- ❤ MULTIFUNCTION AND PRACTICAL: This propane gas grill is perfect compliments any outdoor space like backyard, garden, courtyard, terrace and balcony of most family, alternative all season for outdoor cooking
This master cook professional series grill is made of stainless steel, and it has three burners that can generate 30000 BTU. This propane grill is easy to use because it has a push-start ignition, and it also is simple to clean. It doesn’t produce any smoky flavor or charcoal ash.
Cooking Charcoal Grate
The metal grate of the grill keeps sliding off the warming rack, and it doesn’t seem very heavy. However, it needs to be thicker and broader, so the bottom doesn’t fall out when you cook on it. The cooking part is 471 square inches.
The new gas grill is a better on-road and off-road grill with two large wheels, and the two shelves that fold out give you a place to store your dishes and silverware. It also has a metal panel that brings a nice touch to this grilling machine. It’s standard in its design but has some handy features that make it a good buy.
- It was packaged pretty well.
- The quality is very good
- Easy to assemble with clear instructions
- The design is reasonable
- The smaller grill heats up much faster
- Easy to move from one place to another place
- The stand feels flimsy.
- Sometimes the hose doesn’t fit the propane tank
- The customer service is not up to the mark
How to choose a Perfect Grill for Small Patio
If you’re looking for a small patio grill, you’ve got a lot of options to consider. What you look for to determine if you have the best grill for a small patio depends on what features matter to you and how many people will be using it at one time. This guide will give you tips to help with your buying decision, so you can find the grill that is best for you.
Don’t buy larger grills you don’t know are good quality! But be smart about it. That’s why you shouldn’t buy a small-space grill if you’re not sure what you’re doing. You want to make sure it lasts. But how? Before you buy, see your needs and assess how the grill will stand up to them.
It’s important to consider what type of grill you want. If you want your full-size grill to be durable, think about the materials and construction. If it is out most of the time, look for parts that will never rust.
The fuel type you use for a grill depends on your personal choice. If you’re restricted in space, as in most city areas, you can select the type of fuel that works for you. Make sure to check with your city or landowner to avoid any complications!
Apartment buildings often don’t allow charcoal because of the potential fire hazard. In addition, one reason people might not want to use charcoal is that the flavor isn’t as good as other types of grill.
If you’re interested in cooking with an open flame but want to skip the hassle of starting and extinguishing solid fuel, then you should get some LPG tanks. These tanks and propane grills are available in many sizes and are quite popular among campers and tailgaters. First, however, it’s essential to know the regulations for storing these tanks.
Natural Gas Line
If you’re lucky enough to have small spaces, a natural gas grill may be just suitable for grilling up a storm. For those of you looking for a convenient and affordable option, this choice is perfect. You won’t see natural gas grills on balconies, but if your townhome or other small living space has a yard, this grill could be set up there.
Are you planning to cook on your balcony? Great idea! The first thing to do is find an electric grill that has a power outlet nearby. Then, stand with the grill in front of you and measure the distance from the outlet (make sure it’s close by). Finally, check the outlet location; you don’t want to trip on a cord.
If you don’t have an outdoor kitchen and have limited space, a small patio grill is a way to go. You save on cooking space while still being able to enjoy grilling and outdoor meals. Plus, small patio grills are easy to transport and store when not in use.
A grill with shelves or hooks can be a lifesaver when cooking in tight quarters. Before you set out to buy a grill, take a look at your space and think about where you’ll be able to put down your utensils, spices, sauces and the food itself. That will ensure that you have ample room for everything and that you won’t need to unload everything onto a table or shelf.
For the patio bbq enthusiast, there are many factors to consider when picking a grill. For starters, what is the terrain like? If you have a lot of flat land without many stones and sticks, you’ll need none. But if you’re in a rocky environment with lots of hills and gardens, we recommend you get one that can stand solid on its own.
Perfect Grill Size
A grill that will fit your space is essential. If you buy one too large, it can be dangerous and impractical. You want to avoid rushing and potentially hurting yourself on hot surfaces. Cutting out some cardboard as a template is a great way to figure out the size of grills that will fit.
You’ve got a small grill, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need any accessories. Think about what you want to cook and how you want to use your grill. For example, if you’re not cooking a large quantity of food, you won’t need many hooks for hanging utensils and side tables.
Before deciding how much to spend on a grill, consider how often you want to use it and what you plan to cook on it. If you want something durable for everyday grilling, but don’t need a top of the line model, then there’s no need to break the bank. But, if you hope to cook gourmet meals every day, then it might be worth loosening your purse strings.
Whether you’re looking for a grill for your outdoor patio, or a smaller version of the typical gas, electric, or charcoal grill, there are many options to choose from. However, suppose you’re planning on grilling on a narrow patio that doesn’t allow for the more extensive options. In that case, the following FAQs should be helpful.
How to build a small patio for a grill?
Are you looking to build a small patio for the grill? Let’s start from scratch. A grill that is hassle-free and easy to use is everyone’s favorite. It’s as easy as it sounds and can be done by anyone. Here’s how: first, pick the correct location. Then, level and lay 12 bricks for the base as they should be tight.
You will need some bricks and some time. First, take two bricks and place them side-by-side to form a rectangle. Next, take eight more bricks and put them on top of the first two. If you want your grill to be higher, move the bricks in different positions. After you are done, it should look like this pic.
How to season a char griller grill?
To season the inside of your grill or smoker, you will need to season everything, including the grates. Start by brushing a layer of “Season Sauce” on all cooking surfaces, including the lid and bolts. Then, don’t forget to apply plenty of sauce to the inside!
How to grill on a char griller?
Light the charcoal. Place a chimney starter on the left side. Fill it 3/4 of the way with charcoal. Move the grates to the opposite of where you put the chimney.
Now that you have your chimney lit, it’s time for the fire. Put any kind of newspaper or other material you want to burn on top of the charcoal and wait for it to start burning. Once it is in a good state, put the chimney on top of it and let it burn out. In about 20-30 minutes, come back with an eye for white ash.
You’re now ready to begin cooking! You’ve sprinkled the charcoal and set up your zones. Next, you take the oils and pour them on the grill. Once they get there, we’ll put our meat on! Once it’s cooking, we’ll season the grill with some seasoning.
How to build a grilling platform?
We start by measuring and cutting the cedar boards to size. We then take care to ensure that our platform is square. To do this, we pull diagonals across the widths to double-check the measurements. Next, we add starter decking bars on each end before sealing off the box with a new layer of cedar boards.
We check the grill level before we finish it off with two red wooden planks. These are needed to make the platform and ensure the grill is balanced. The last step is to put on a decorative top. We agree that sometimes we need to slow down and enjoy the company around us, not just the cooking.
Turn the heat on and let it warm up for a few minutes. You need to run it for about five minutes, so the chicken is already cooking. Now, pour water on it to clean up any remaining mess from stir-frying. Next, turn the heat off and wipe it down with a rag or sponge.
Let’s finish the dishwasher quickly. First, you need to take these two greats out. Slide them out and discard them. Now you can wash out the dishwasher and slide them back in there. Put the cover back on, and you’re all done!
Is it safe to grill on a patio?
Grilling on your patio is fun, convenient, and an excellent way to entertain friends. But, unfortunately, it’s also a huge fire hazard. Grilling on patios can pose a risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
You can only use a grill outdoors if you have an outdoor stairway or porch at ground level. If the patio is not on ground level, you cannot use a grill there. Also, keep the grill away from the house and deck railings, so it doesn’t catch anything on fire.
Grilling is one of the most popular cooking activities among homeowners. A grill can transform a meal from good to great because it adds the outdoor-cooking flavor to your food. There are many different types of grills on the market today, but if you live in a small home or apartment, you may not have enough cooking space for a large grill.
If you are looking for a good looking and perfect size grill, then Weber Smokey Joe is the best grill for small patio that will meet your needs. It is compact and portable, so you can take it anywhere to have a BBQ party with friends or family. It is also very easy to clean and maintain so that it won’t bother you at all.
In this small patio grill review, we will talk about the best models and grill types on the market so you can choose the one that suits you best. The complete buying guide will look at grills that are both compact and powerful and examine the pros and cons of each model.
If you have any questions regarding small patio grills, feel free to contact us. Our experts will assist you as soon as they can.
Have a nice day!
I love gardening and hope you enjoy reading my post as much as I enjoy writing it. I focus on plant-based living and believe that you will be healthier and happier by incorporating more plant-based foods into your diet. By providing helpful tips and advice on everything from garden design to growing techniques, I want to help make gardening easier for everyone.